Devin and I are so excited. We are traveling to San Francisco to encourage Becky in her Team in Training marathon on October 17th. I just know Kristen will be running with her encouraging her and her team along the way. Pray for us all to travel safely and for Becky (and her team) to stay strong and healthy.
I've written about a lot of the sweetness of Kristen but I also have to smile at some of the more trying times. One in particular tickled my memories this morning. It was the first summer after we moved here. Kristen had her friend Blakely over and they were going out to "ride bikes". I saw no problem with this until I caught Kristen coming down the stairs slipping money in her back pocket. Now the grilling begins. I might have been a novice at this teenager stuff, but I wasn't stupid. I stopped her and asked why do you need money. K: "Cause." M(me): "Why?" K: "We might need it." M: "For what?" K: "I don't know." M: "Why would you need money to ride your bike around the neighborhood?" K: silence. By the end of the conversation I had wormed out of her the fact that they were thinking about going to a movie. I, of course, asked why she didn't say that to begin with. Teenagers! They automatically assume that the answer would have been no. I guess she felt that chances would be better if she asked from someone else's house. Crazy girl!
Oh, but the story doesn't end there. I got a phone call not long after they left on their "bike ride" around the neighborhood. Keyword: neighborhood. I didn't clarify which neighborhood. Some how they ended up riding in the neighborhood next to ours. Something to do with boys. The phone call came because we had a small downpour and they were seeking refuge at a friends house over in Savanna. A friend that happened to be a boy. I don't know if either of them liked this boy or what the deal was but... There is always more to the story when you have a teenager.