Kristen was a Barbie girl. Like mother like daughter I guess. When we moved back from Belgium we had to do an inventory of our possessions and Kristen at almost 5 had 25 Barbies. Yes 25! One of her most prized possessions was a Barbie house that her Uncle Bland gave her. It was crazy. We had come home from Belgium for the Holidays and some how Devin figured out how to pack the Barbie house in our luggage (un-assembled of course.) I think during this same trip home, we were driving in Tulsa, OK in the pouring rain. Kristen wanted me to stop at Walmart to get a new Barbie. I refused because Steven was only 3 months old and I didn't want to get him out of the car in such a rainstorm. She was so mad that she told me, "I wish you'd just take him back where you got him." Choosing a Barbie over her baby brother. I'm sure she wasn't the first girl to do that and she won't be the last.
Oh, and we found out years later that old Barbie heads make great cat toys!