Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 48

Almost half way there. Kristen is still troubled by this rash. Twice a day I put on my latex gloves and slather a steroid cream all over the affected areas. Then we wait 30 minutes until it dries and put on lotion. Without it, the cream will dry out her skin. We are still waiting on an appointment with dermatology. We just need someone to shed some light on what is causing the rash. Like I mentioned before it itches and big welted areas pop up. It is still affecting her face but luckily not her eyes so much. We were pleased to find that we were finished and headed to the apartment by 11. Tomorrow is a day off. Kristen appreciates the chance to sleep in. We were both tired this morning. I actually dozed off in my uncomfortable chair. I considered shoving Kristen over and taking half of her bed. She's just a little thing and there would have been room for me. This afternoon we are finishing our Dexter marathon.

I was reading about where we were a year ago on day 48 or so. Kristen had some swelling of her lips then. I referred to them as Angelina Jolie lips. It is possible that this is an allergic reaction to the Pentabadine that they gave her last Monday. Last year when they gave it to her they stopped part way through because she was having a bit of a reaction. I'm just speculating though.

I also found it interesting to look back and see my own spiritual growth and change. I'm much more comfortable with the fact that this is where God wants us to be. I don't know why but I give thanks that for what ever reason, God has brought us to this place.

Please pray that Kristen get relief from this rash and that the doctors are able to figure out the source. Her creatine is still high so that means she's still not drinking enough. Ultimately we pray for complete healing.