Do I start with the good or the bad today? Kristen had a rough start this morning. When I got there she was getting premeds for more platelets. Her labs showed that her platelets were back to 8 again. We had a bit of a "run-in" with one of the physical therapists. Her bedside manor has MUCH to be desired and she managed to upset Kristen. When your platelets are low you aren't supposed to over do the exercise. But this PT was being pushy. One of the attendings noticed that Kristen wasn't herself when he came in with the doctor. He came back to check with her and as soon as he asked Kristen if she was okay she burst into tears. I had to explain the problem to him. I just felt so blessed by the fact that he noticed that she wasn't quite herself. He said that Kristen is one of their favorites. (She's not overly demanding or whiny.) To make a long story short, the charge nurse later followed up and told Kristen she was sorry that she'd been upset. They would talk to PT about how they should be approaching the patients. So rough start. She felt better after the platelets and walked a little bit. Then about 5 o'clock she started a headache and her blood pressure was higher than normal. This went on for a couple of hours. She ended up getting pain meds 3 different times. Usually she only needs to take one pill to make her feel better. I just got a text from her saying that she threw up. This may just be a temporary something or the beginning of the feeling bad they told us to expect. We will just wait and see.
Now the good things about today. We had a fantastic day nurse and 2 aides that really related to Kristen. A really sweet aide this afternoon that shared the message from the sermon she heard down in the chapel. Oh, and Kristen's Dad ordered a 4G Internet connection that allowed Kristen to surf the net during the day. She looked at all her favorite shopping sights and talked shoes with the nurse and aides. They all agreed that they would like a pair of Louboutin's like Sandra Bullock had on at the MTV movie awards.
Tonight please pray for safe travel for Devin and me. We are switching out for a long weekend. I can't wait to hug on my Steven! And snuggle and pet the cats! Give thanks for the Attending who took the time with Kristen today. I need to find out his name. Continue to pray and visualize healing for Kristen.
Thank you!