Sorry for the double blog again. Blogger was down when I went to update last night.
Kristen had a great day yesterday. She ate, exercised, and spent her time reading a book. Her platelets were low so she got a bag of platelets first thing in the morning.
Today she felt okay. I had to beg her to walk, her appetite was a little off, and she wanted to sleep a lot. We got a copy of her labs and could see that her hemoglobin was low and that could account for her fatigue. We were happy to get a visit from Becky and Tana. We met them last year during transplant. We were pleased to see how well Tana was doing. It is very encouraging to us. It's also nice for us to talk to people who have walked this road before.
We also watched a marathon of Animal Cops Houston. I know, we watch the strangest things. I cross stitched while Kristen either slept, watched tv, or read. Daytime tv can be pretty boring. But it was cookie day. Volunteers from the Ronald McDonald house came and baked cookies and handed them out. The only sad thing about today was the fact that I was asked to witness and sign an advanced directive to do not resuscitate. The child next door was going home. Not, because she was better though. It broke my heart. The child looked to be 8 or 9.
Please continue your faithful prayers. From looking back at the blog, we see that Kristen didn't really start feeling bad until day 8. So it could be coming up or not. The days are long when she's feeling okay. Please lift up the family that I mentioned above. I never got their name or the child's, but I know God knows who we mean.
Blessings.