Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 11

Day eleven brought another hot and muggy day here in Houston. When I arrived at the hospital I met one of the doctors in the hall way. He asked if I had seen Kristen yet this morning when I replied no, he said that he would wait and let her tell me. The good news was that Kristen's white counts were up to 1.2 which was great news. She was taken off of isolation restrictions which doesn't mean too much other than the doctors and nurses don't have to wear masks when they come in the room so you can see their whole face. They have at least started talking about her going home, so if all stays well, there is a chance Kristen could get to come home to the apartment sometime this week. They said they would need to get her Tacro levels stable and switch to an oral version, along with improved white counts and platelets.

Kristen did receive platelets again to day, her levels were only at 17, but they wanted to keep up with them. Her blood pressure spiked up again (140/100) late afternoon and they gave her some meds to bring it back down. We're not sure what's driving that, if its the fluids or pre-meds for her blood products. She hasn't ever had this issue in the past, so hopefully we'll get it figured out before long.

Other than the good news, it was a relatively quiet day. I rented the movie 2012 from red box, for those of you who haven't already seen it, I'm not sure it was worth the $1 rental. I did get Shutter Island for tomorrow, so hopefully that will be better.

God bless you all, and thank you for the continued support with prayer.

Devin.