Kristen got admitted to the hospital this evening. She shooed me out about 9:30 saying she was getting sleepy. As we did last year, we only spend the night there with her at her request. When she gets to feeling really bad she usually wants us around so that we can help her in the night. It was nice to see one of the nurses from last summer. She poked her head in the door and said hi. Today she is only receiving fluids. Tomorrow she starts the chemo. Her schedule looks something like this:
Day -5 Fludarabine
Day -4 Fludarabine
Day -3 Fludarabine and Thymoglobulin
Day -2 Fludarabine, Thymoglobulin and Melphalan
Day -1 Rest
Day 0 Cord Blood Infusions
I think that puts day 100 on September 9th. I have to go back and count when I'm not so tired.
Thank you all for your prayers. Please pray visualizing the stem cells grafting successfully and ultimately over coming this leukemia. Pray for the staff that will care for Kristen (she was very excited to see that Dr. Petropoulis was on rounds). Let us be a blessing to them as they are a blessing to us. I'm sure there is much more I'm forgetting but I will think about it tomorrow. I'm off to bed. Running around a hospital tires me out!