
We've had another good day. Kristen was awake before I got there and having a nutritious breakfast of chocolate donettes. We enjoyed a visit from our friend Barbara. She brought us dirt from El Santuario de Chimayo outside of Santa Fe, NM. It is reported to have healing powers. Barbara's mom collected it and sent it through Barbara to Kristen. Her visit really helped pass the time this morning. Kristen is still eating good. She didn't feel great after lunch so I left her to nap while I ran errands. I picked up some food she requested and then came back to clean up the apartment. I baked her some chocolate chip cookies to take back up to her. She called to let me know she was awake as I was pulling into the hospital parking garage. The cookies were a nice surprise and since she was feeling better she had her cookie and milk snack. I finally got her to take a good walk right before supper this evening. I forgot to grab something from the apartment for me so she walked down to the cafeteria with me. She promised to walk around on her own before she goes to sleep. I took the picture at the top of this post as I was walking out of the building today. It's a part of the gallery of children's art. I thought it appropriate for Memorial Day weekend.