Monday, March 29, 2010

A Long Short Day

Even what appears to be a short day at MD Anderson ends up stretching on forever. Kristen had a 8:45 lab and I felt we needed to stay around for a review because of her Bilirubin. So around noon we finally got to see the PA only to have her send a prescription to the pharmacy for an Intermate of Magnesium. Intermate is a method of infusion that is much more convenient. It looks like a baby bottle with a liquid filled balloon inside of it. The medication is inside the balloon and releases over varying periods of time. It is after one and we are finally back at the apartment.

Kristen got her exercise while we were at the clinic today. She was getting tired so when I headed to the pharmacy I parked her in a comfy chair not far from the elevator and moved on to the pharmacy. I waited almost an hour for her medicine. By the time I got back to her she was sound asleep. Now it is kind of funny, but Kristen jerks around a lot in her sleep. I'm sure when I came to get her the people around her thought I was terrible for leaving her alone. They probably that she was having some kind of seizure.

Kristen's labs are looking better in the area of her white count and hemoglobin. Her platelets still have a ways to go. Our big concern right now is her Bilirubin. Her levels are high so there is some concern about her liver. The doctor is watching it and has had her stop one of her medications because of the elevated labs.

Please continue to pray for Remission. Also pray that her liver functioning returns to normal levels. Pray for her to continue to eat well, get plenty of fluids, and rest. We continue to be optimistic that we will be able to head home for Easter. We really won't know until we see Dr. Kadia Friday morning. This drives Devin and I crazy. We'd really like to be able to plan ahead.