Ever feel like the universe is against you? Kristen and I had one of those days. Since our time here is short we planned on driving to some different spots to take pictures. We got ready and set off. First the cancer survivors memorial. It's just down the road from our apartment. As we are looking for a place to park we see a pickup truck parked next to the memorial and then a ladder. They are cleaning it. So no picture for us today. Next we set off to take a picture of some cool graffiti we have seen. It's a rendition of Chester Cheeto. (Kristen loves her crunchy cheetos!) We are almost there and we spy a dumpster dropped right in front of poor Chester. We just couldn't win. Even the one picture we managed to get turned out not so good. See above, Kristen is the little spot of purple! Kristen and I decided to abandon our photo day and try some other time. We drove to the galleria to return a shirt Steven had rejected. Kristen was able to walk the entire mall! This was a big feat for her. Of course she was ready to be lazy the rest of the day. Funny thing was, I was the lazy one. I laid down for a little nap. It turned into a major nap. 3 hours later I came out and asked Kristen how she could let me sleep so long. It reminded me of when I was pregnant with Kristen. We had an empty office at the savings & loan I worked for at the time. One day instead of going to lunch I went in to lay down asking a co-worker to wake me up when she went to lunch. (This was before cell phones with alarms!) Of course she forgot and it wasn't until my boss started to wonder what happened to me that they came to wake me up! It was a good two hour nap. They just laughed about it thank goodness. I'm hoping for a more productive day tomorrow.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Day +67
Ever feel like the universe is against you? Kristen and I had one of those days. Since our time here is short we planned on driving to some different spots to take pictures. We got ready and set off. First the cancer survivors memorial. It's just down the road from our apartment. As we are looking for a place to park we see a pickup truck parked next to the memorial and then a ladder. They are cleaning it. So no picture for us today. Next we set off to take a picture of some cool graffiti we have seen. It's a rendition of Chester Cheeto. (Kristen loves her crunchy cheetos!) We are almost there and we spy a dumpster dropped right in front of poor Chester. We just couldn't win. Even the one picture we managed to get turned out not so good. See above, Kristen is the little spot of purple! Kristen and I decided to abandon our photo day and try some other time. We drove to the galleria to return a shirt Steven had rejected. Kristen was able to walk the entire mall! This was a big feat for her. Of course she was ready to be lazy the rest of the day. Funny thing was, I was the lazy one. I laid down for a little nap. It turned into a major nap. 3 hours later I came out and asked Kristen how she could let me sleep so long. It reminded me of when I was pregnant with Kristen. We had an empty office at the savings & loan I worked for at the time. One day instead of going to lunch I went in to lay down asking a co-worker to wake me up when she went to lunch. (This was before cell phones with alarms!) Of course she forgot and it wasn't until my boss started to wonder what happened to me that they came to wake me up! It was a good two hour nap. They just laughed about it thank goodness. I'm hoping for a more productive day tomorrow.