Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day +65

Another changing of the caregiver. I arrived just after noon today and Devin left late afternoon. We got a little time to visit before moving into our other roles. Devin's flight was delayed about an hour because a flight attendant dropped her ring in the aft lavatory. It took them about that long to retrieve it. Yuck!

I had a fabulous week at home with Steven. It came to a close with a sleepover for his birthday. Earplugs are wonderful things. I got a great night of sleep. I don't know about the boys! Kristen is still a little creeped out that her brother is 16 and in high school.

We are so excited that we should be home in around 2 1/2 weeks. I can hardly absorb it. I am overwhelmed by this blessing. We've spent months preparing ourselves for a long haul. Trying to be ready for all the things that could have happened. We are very grateful. I can't help though and wonder why us? Why were we spared what so many families have had to struggle through? I don't know. All I can do is be grateful. And to lift up those other families in prayer. May they experience God even in the midst of their own storms.