Labs today. Kristen's white blood count responded well to the neupogen. Her other numbers (red blood cells, hemoglobin, and platelets) are slowly moving back up. We should find out about the viral test tomorrow when we go in for our regular appointment. Kristen also gets to enjoy a lovely bone marrow biopsy tomorrow.
We've been sinfully lazy for the past 2 days. We are just not used to company! I don't think Kristen every changed out of her pajamas! It was a great visit for her. Her friends really enjoyed Houston. We've gotten so used to being here that we forget how people react to a big city. After all this is the 4th largest city in the United States! I think they were surprised how spread out everything is. I enjoyed visiting with them. I know they got a kick out of Kristen and I. We've spent so much time together that sometimes we are like a comedy team. They certainly noticed the mannerisms we've picked up from each other.
We had the opportunity this morning to "walk across the room". Or at least indirectly. We have the same schedule as a mom and daughter from the north side of Houston. The daughter is older than Kristen, 26, and looks like a 12 year old. They normally ride the shuttle to MD Anderson. We got to talking about another patient who rides the shuttle that has been horribly fearful of the whole process of transplant and continues to be troubled. I asked if the patient was a person of faith. They weren't sure. I happened to have a copy of the book, The Red Sea Rules: The Same God Who Led You in Will Lead You Out by Robert J. Morgan. (He also wrote the hymnology Then Sings My Soul) I gave it to them to give to her. I've mentioned this book in the past. A wonderful friend gave me a copy of this book when Kristen first became ill back in January. I now try to carry copies with me to share with others. This book brought me such peace and comfort that I pray that it would speak to the heart of this patient. (Note: Just Walk Across the Room is a book by Bill Hybels. Our community group studied it a while back. Once again God was preparing us. The basic idea is that just a few minutes and a friendly hello may change someones life forever.) If you would please lift up this anonymous woman. May God use this as a tool to further His purpose.