So Kristen had her appointment at the clinic today. Her counts dropped again. Not low enough to need a transfusion though. They seemed fairly confident that this drop is the result of one of the medicines they recently stopped. I was relieved to have them be more confident about it. But to hedge their bets, they did a nasal wash to see if there might be a viral infection. (She had been sneezing a lot.) She was also given a Neupogen shot to stimulate her white blood cells. We go up Wednesday just to have Labs and a lab review with the PA. When her platelets and hemoglobin get this low, they need to monitor her closely to see if she needs a transfusion.
Other than this little 'blip' she's been feeling great. It's been a fun weekend with her friends Bentley, Alex, and Spencer. Saturday we went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and then came back and hung out. Sunday after Kristen and I went to the clinic, we visited the Aquarium. After we let Kristen rest for a while we went to the movies. We've had lots of goofiness and laughter. I think it has been a really good pick me up for Kristen. Today they want to go to the Galleria. For some reason Kristen thinks she will be able to go on and on like the Energizer Bunny! I keep reminding her that she usually hits a wall after an hour. I, of course, will be monitoring her so that she doesn't attempt to over do it.
Please continue to pray that this (for lack of a better description) bounce in her counts is just simply the result of a medication. She will have a bone marrow biopsy on Thursday to make sure everything is as it should be. We are all doing well and keeping our spirits up. It's always a little scary when we encounter something unexpected.