We started the day early again. As we left the apartment, we were struck by the intense humidity. I'd forgotten how humid it is here ALL the time. August will be interesting, it's not the best month to be living in Houston. My body is not used to this. I've given up on my hair. Kristen reminds me that she doesn't have to worry.
We are getting into the ATC (look back to Devin's blog days if you forgot what this is!) earlier and earlier. It was actually before our 8 a.m. appointment. Kristen and I read a lot to pass the 3-4 hours she is hooked up to the IV. She got a Kindle for a gift and it is wonderful to carry along. Kristen's liver function numbers are improved since yesterday. Her platelets were down and they wondered why. No one is alarmed about this though. We have the weekend off. First thing we will do is sleep in a little bit. We are not natural morning people! Kristen tells me Dillard's is having a big sale. I guess that will be one of our destinations this weekend.
Please praise God for bringing Kristen this far without experiencing some of the horrible GVHD symptoms. We are aware that she is not necessarily in the clear, but are truly thankful for the blessings we have been gifted so far.