We are very excited, Kristen's white count is 2.2. This is even more confirmation that she is en grafting. Her mouth sores are gone, but her throat remains a problem. I found her this morning once again in a sleepy fog. I guess they came to get her early early for a chest x-ray and took forever before they took her back to her room. I took advantage of the sleepy time to run to the store for ingredients for some of her favorite foods. I attended a discharge class this afternoon that went over all the duties we perform as caregiver. Guidelines weren't as strict as I feared but we will be taking many precautions. Kristen was up a little bit this afternoon but remains pretty out of it. She was ready to sleep for the night at 6 o'clock!
Please pray that if at all possible, she will get rest this evening and wake up free from throat pain. Continue to pray that she reaches her goal of leaving the hospital next week. The doctor is planning for her to leave for the apartment on Tuesday provided she is fever and rash free! Also please pray for wisdom for Devin and I, we have the opportunity to move to a 2 bedroom apt from a one bedroom. At this point we aren't sure which direction to go, it would be more money but it would also allow for us to not be on top of each other all summer.
Above all praise God for helping Kristen through this initial stage of treatment. She has experience few of the ailments that plague many of the transplant patients. We pray that she continues this.