Rough, rough start for Kristen's day. I awoke to a text from her saying she had thrown up. I fell back to sleep and woke to another text saying that my aunt has passed away. By the time I got up to Kristen, they were measuring her blood oxygen levels and had O2 ready for her to use if the monitor went off. Needless to say I was a bit freaked out. The nurse assured me that she was still doing great, that she was much better at this point than many transplant patients. (She added that it is a joy to watch after Kristen!) Then she told me the GOOD NEWS, Kristen seems to be en grafting because her white count was up to 1.2 from 0.3 the day before. This is excellent. As her white count improves her throat pain should go away. They did need to give her platelets and whole blood because her hemoglobin and platelets were both low. By the afternoon she was already improving. She ate some ice cream and then was hungry enough a little later for me to make her some mac n cheese. She didn't eat much but it was so much better than basically nothing yesterday. I left her sleeping this evening as she was just then getting her whole blood. I fully expect tomorrow to find her feeling even better.
Please continue to pray and give praise for the signs of en grafting. Pray that Kristen's symptoms would continue to improve and that she would reach her goal of leaving the hospital and coming to the apartment sometime after the 4th. Pray that I would be able to get adequate rest. I haven't been sleeping well. Finally please say a prayer for my aunt Mary's family. I love you Mom and you know I'm thinking of you.