Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day +9

Isn't it weird that our lives are revolving around this count to 100? It's like the magic number that we are all anticipating. I've enjoyed my break at home and am ready to go back to caregiver mode. I will miss Steven and the cats though.

Kristen was just waking up from her nap when I got here today. She looks good. Her hair is starting to fall out and she said that the throat pain was worse today. They put her on a morphine drip. This way she can manage her pain and hopefully not have to call during the night for more medicine. She only managed to eat a little bit this evening.

Devin is headed back early tomorrow morning. I know he and Kristen have enjoyed the time they had to spend together. Devin's got her all organized with a calendar with the days marked to 100. I've been reminded of the routine. (Ha, you all know I will have my own routine within the next day or two!)

I continue to feel a gratitude that words can not express for all your prayers and words of encouragement. Your prayers are being heard. We are thankful that her side effects and pain are not worse. This could be much more difficult. Please continue to pray for the cells to en graft. Pray that her body would continue to heal and that she will meet her goal of coming back to the apartment sometime the week after July 4th. Continue to lift up Devin, Steven, Kristen and I as we deal with this time of forced separation. Give thanks for all God has done to prepare us for this journey.