Monday, September 27, 2010

Where do I sleep in this house?

Over the weekend Amber and Josh raised $905 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at the Kansas City Light the Night Walk.

In Tulsa, Ms. Stephanie sponsored a blood drive and received approximately 30 units of blood. Awesome!

I think these both give evidence to the fact that one person makes a difference.


So here's another Kristen story. Kristen was the first baby among the group of 4 couples that we "run" with. She was such an easy baby. She fussed little and was a real joy. At about 4 months, she started fussing when we would try and rock her to sleep. We finally figured out that she wanted us to just lay her in her crib and she'd go right to sleep. As she got older she continued being an easy toddler. I remember on one trip back from Belgium, we were staying with Keith and Jamie. It was New Year's Eve and there we all were being loud. Out comes Kristen in her pj's with Kitty Bear and Blankie trailing behind her. She looks at her Dad and I and asks, "Where do I sleep at this house?" Devin and I show her where she should sleep. We come back from tucking her in and our friends were like, "Are all kids that easy?" We said sorry no. I think that totally freaked them out. She set a high bar for being an easy kid. Until the day she left us she was still a great sleeper.

If you happen to follow my other blog, don't give up on me. I have some ideas but they haven't gelled quite yet.