Kristen and I arrived back in Fayetteville at noon yesterday. Even though she still seems so frail to Devin and I, she insisted on staying at the house she and 2 other girls share. She continues to have bouts of nausea but thanks to Candice, her massage therapist roommate, her back problems are working themselves out. Candice reminded her that she needs to drink lots of fluids to keep that tissue hydrated. Yeah, Candice. Kristen's other roommate works at the oncology clinic that Kristen uses. So between Natalie and Candice we feel that they would let us know if there was a problem. So after stocking her refridge we reluctantly left.
Now we have already been over to see her today. She needed some of her nausea medicine and we stayed and helped her sort out her room. Her roommates, Devin and Steven moved her stuff this summer while we were in Houston. I got her to eat 3/4 of a pb&j and a pudding. That will do for now. I realize now that I can go over there and cook for her and not have it sitting around my house. Natalie can't have gluten so I'll be adjusting some of my recipes so that she can eat them too. As Kristen regains her strength my self imposed "house mom" status will fade away.
Steven is off at a scout campout so Devin and I have had the luxury of spending time one on one. I thank God for that precious gift.
Please continue to pray for healing and relief from this nausea so she can gain back some weight!