Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 63

Not much going on here. I guess y'all are dying of worse heat back home than we are here. Our top temperature was only supposed to be 93 and I guess y'all got to 99. (I'm practicing my text twang! Steven told me last weekend that I sometimes have a bit of a southern accent. If you can't beat them, join them.) I beat the heat and hit the pool around 10 today. Later Kristen and I ran around a little. We walked around Best Buy and Hobby Lobby. Kristen is hilarious in Hobby Lobby. I swear all I heard was, "I need this. Oh! I need this. Mom, isn't this cute?" I felt like I used to when Steven was little. I bargained with her in the beginning and told her she could pick one thing for me to get her, then she couldn't ask anymore. I thought that would stop when she left home. I don't know what I was thinking. Kristen got her online course registration faxed to the U of A today. I'm sure it feels good to start working towards what you want to do when you get back home. Finally, we took the car to be cleaned. For $20 I got it washed and the inside cleaned out. If you would have seen the car you would have agreed that I got a good deal. I felt bad for all the workers having to spend the day out in the heat.

Prayer requests are the same. We have Labs and ATC in the morning.