Last night I left her on her own for a while to go with Barbara to see the roller derby. Yes, I said roller derby. It was a blast. The opening game was okay, but the real action started with the Bayou City Bosses vs. the Psych Ward Sirens. Even as they entered the 'arena' it was cool. The Sirens came in to the sound of sirens, of course. It was the Bosses that had the coolest entry. You heard the theme to the Godfather and they skated around with macabre painted faces. They were fairly well matched teams. I can't tell you the final score because we snuck out before the game was over. We didn't want to get stuck in the crowd. Now I'm sure that you're imagining what kind of crowd was there. I was surprised to see what a diverse group of people were there. Now Barbara can mark that off her bucket list. It's fun to step out of your normal routine.
Please pray for relief for Kristen from this rash, especially the swelling to her face. I know it is really frustrating her. We certainly thank God that this is all she is dealing with right now. As always we continue to pray that all this leads to healing and freedom from Leukemia.
Enjoy this picture of the roller derby. I was a disappointment to Barbara because I wouldn't try to get a picture with one of the derby girls.