Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 44

Once again I woke up early so that I could get Kristen's IV going while she slept. When she did get up I was shocked to see her left eye was swollen. I took a picture and sent it to Devin and he started to teasingly call her Quasimodo. I would attach the picture to this blog but I value my life. Kristen would kill me. Anne headed home this morning and Kristen and I proceeded to have a quiet day. I put the rash cream on again (2x a day) and Kristen fell asleep as I was cleaning up the apartment. I'm one of those people who feel better when things are clean and picked up. I'm not naturally neat but I appreciate it when everything is in it's place. I just wish someone else would put it there! I digress. I let Kristen sleep about 3 hours and then woke her up so she would eat and drink again. I was shocked to see that both eyes were swollen. I called the PA and she suggested a warm compress to bring down the swelling. We were so relieved to see that this worked. Some of the rash cream had come in contact with her eyes and it isn't to be used on the face. She's looking much better as I type this update. Whew! I'm relieved. We really didn't want to make a trip up to the clinic today! I have since stripped and washed the sheets on her bed so that she will not have this happen again. I may have to make her wear gloves to bed though! We have to put the cream on her hands because the rash has spread there. We wouldn't want her to touch her face while she slept. We are looking forward to a quiet weekend. I'm close to finishing my 4th Dolly Mama cross stitch. Dolly Mamas appeal to my sense of humor. This one says "Bring coffee and no one gets hurt!"

Please continue to pray for Kristen's healing. Especially relief from the itching of this rash. If it is GVHD, then I hope she is also having a Graft vs. Leukemia effect and those sweet baby cells are maturing and kicking some leukemia cell hinny! Continue to Praise God for how well Kristen has been progressing. We are so thankful!