Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 28

Definite improvement today in Kristen's breathing. Now the big goal will be getting her through the night without oxygen. That's still iffy. I'm happy to report that Kristen was able to take in all the fluids she was supposed to today. Our goal was 32 oz. We switched to lemonade and she was able to get it done. Barbara came up today to give me a break and brought Kristen Firehouse Subs. She ate a very good lunch. Tomorrow is the big bone marrow biopsy. When I left this evening they were giving Kristen platelets so that they would be high enough to perform the biopsy. Remember the hematoma back in March. We don't want that to happen again. Kristen's getting a little restless so we know she is starting to feel much better. She has friends that will come visit this weekend. She knows that she can't do anything but she doesn't want them to have to come sit in a hospital every day! She'll send them off to explore the city while she rests. I finally thought of something to take to the evening shift. Giant cookies decorated like the American Flag. They seemed surprised and pleased. I think the night shift often gets left out. I waited until I was sure that the day shift had all left before I gave it to them. It's still not thanks enough for all they do.

As we opened some cards today, I was reminded at how comforted I feel as I rest in the body of Christ. You! Your prayers and encouragement are uplifting. They keep us from feeling so isolated. There may be miles between us but love and encouragement travels far. I give thanks for you all every day.

Prayer concerns:
*freedom from the oxygen, return of strong lungs
*that Kristen continue to take in adequate fluids to keep her liver healthy
*No complications from the biopsy AND good news when the results come back
*that Kristen is able to return to the apartment on Friday
*Ultimate healing! Cancer free! No more relapses!