Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 23

I may have some good news. Dr. Cooper mentioned discharging Kristen on Sunday. I hope she will be ready. She received platelets this morning. Her platelets were down to 1! She's got this bruise on her hand that just seems to grow when her platelets are low. I've left her a couple of times today. I know what a bad mom. Actually the first was for some R&R. I went with Barbara to see Knight and Day. Cute. Not spectacular, maybe a little cheesy in places but not too bad. Worth my $7 bucks. I'm home now grabbing a late lunch and picking up something I forgot this morning. I was in such a rush to get back to the hospital I just grabbed things willy nilly. Kristen was sitting in a chair when I left her. She'll still find a way to curl up and sleep but she needs to be upright for a part of the day. The doctor asked that she try to breath on her own a couple of times a day. So far her blood O2 levels still drop some when she isn't using the canula (little nose thingy that I couldn't remember the name of). I forgot to tell you that we said goodbye to our sweet Dr. Alaa on Wednesday and now have a whole new set of residents. The nurses will have them whipped into shape in no time!

Prayer Request:
Kristen to be able to breath well on her own.
That she will regain her strength.
Praise God for the fact that she is making more of an effort to eat and drink some.
Pray that those stem cells are in her marrow and working hard on overpowering the leukemia cells.
Praise God for the wonderful staff we have encountered and lift them up. Their jobs are not easy.