Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting Out a Bit


So this is what we are reduced to, me pushing around an almost 21 year old in a kiddie cart at Target. She walked most of the time but I had to push the monster cart in case she got tired and had to sit down. I don't think we were in the store more than 30 minutes.

Today is a good day. No icky sicky stuff. She's still tired but sleeps tons less than before. We went to see The Ghost Writer. Not bad. It kept us glued to the screen and the afternoon flew by. We smuggled in our lunch and ate while watching the movie. Kristen had some popcorn chicken and I had some cheddar peppers from Sonic. She also got a lemon berry slush. I shoved it all into my big purse and walked right on in. If you were behind me I was probably leaving fast food fumes in my wake.

Early labs again tomorrow. Then Devin and I switch off in the afternoon. He told me that my cats miss me. I sure miss them. But I'm anxious to give Devin a big hug and spend some time with Steven while he's on Spring Break next week. He'll probably get tired of me constantly hugging on him.

Thanks for all the cards and emails. Kristen and I got a big smile picturing mom's cat attacking her purse and to open a box from Kristen's cousin Heather with 10 boxes of macaroni and cheese on top.

Have a safe Spring Break Fayetteville. I won't be talking to you again for about a week on this transplant blog. I'll probably share some thoughts on the other blog about my time with Steven.