We are back home and Steven is resting. All went very well yesterday. The doctor was very please with how everything turned out. We spent the night in the doctor's office. Steven, I, an RN and aide. Lots of suctioning and a little pain medicine. He is such a trooper. I am so impressed with how he is handling it all. His big frustration is me. I don't read gestures very well. He says I need to learn them quick. He can talk but doesn't really move his mouth right now. Hurts too much. He's still my beautiful, lovable boy though. We have always used the three hand squeezes to say, "I Love You". He kept squeezing my hand to say he loved me and kept telling me he was sorry he woke me up so much. I'd give him the 4 squeezes back that say, "I Love You Too!" This morning when we got home and settled he reached for his dad's hand and gave him the 3 squeezes. Right now he's sleeping next to me in the bed. We are being 'supervised' by Lulu and Claire. Actually I think they just get excited whenever someone lays around. Gives them lazy permission too! Not that cats ever need permission to be lazy.
I want to end with a couple of prayer requests. First, I just got an email about one of the young men killed in the recent suicide bombing in Afghanistan. His parents are close friends with one of our Klife board parents. Please pray for the family of Jeremy Wise in their grief. He was one of 8 killed. We should lift up our military families every day. Sometimes they seem like anonymous people out there, but they have friends, family and loved ones who are mourning their passing. Second, I got another email that an old friend tried to commit suicide on Christmas day. Please lift Patty up and pray that she is able to shake the demon of depression.