Sunday, October 11, 2009

Identity Crisis?

Our pastor has been doing a series of sermons on Living by FAITH in Uncertain Times. I've missed the first on the defining faith and the second about living by faith with your family. Last week was about abilities and today about identity.

Thinking about identity has really occupied my thoughts today. What is my true identity? I have defined myself for years based on what the world told me I should be. And frankly I wasn't measuring up.

What we have gone through this year has helped me a lot in figuring out my own Unique Identity. There is nothing quite like having your world rocked to start putting things in perspective. There is no normal. There are no should's. There is no ideal that I should be measuring myself against. I feel like I've come a long way in accepting me for who I am. I'm beginning to embrace the person in the mirror. Because my true identity is what is on the inside.

What matters is who I am in God's eyes.