Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Good Kind of Tired

For the past few days Kristen and I have been, well, nesting. We've been cleaning out and throwing away the unnecesary. It's funny the need to hold on to items isn't as strong. We've had a real dose of 'what is important in your life'. So we clean, pack away, sort, rearrange all the stuff we have been holding onto. By the end of the day we are exhausted. But what a good kind of tired it is. It's not a waiting room kind of tired. It's a good old hard work kind of tired. Kristen takes lots of breaks. I do too. Our stamina is down. But we will get it back. We are both so excited to just be moving forward instead of sitting idle. It's cathartic to clean out and symbolically let go of the past few months. I know that after a mission, soldiers go through a re-entry process. I guess this is ours.

On the recovery side...Kristen had her routine lab today. Nothing to report. Yeah!