Kristen actually slept in this a.m. She's had a terrible time getting to sleep and it seems her sleep is always disturbed. I snuck in and started her IV while she was still snoozing. Kristen has also had some mysterious swelling on her face. Before she went to bed last night her lips were reminiscent of Angelina Jolie. She's had some puffiness before but it has gone away during the day. This time it has stuck around. She was using something new on her face that she has stopped using to see if this was the cause of the problem. Her skin has been peeling also. It's kind of weird because we first noticed it peeling on her armpits of all places. She slathers herself in lotion morning and night to keep her skin moisturized. The chemo before transplant really dried it out. We got her out for a little exercise today but the heat is just zapping her stamina. Temperature was around 97 but the heat index was over 100.
For those of you familiar with the Houston area... *Do you remember Marvin Zindler of "slime in the ice machine" fame? He was also the reporter that uncovered the big story many many years ago of the whorehouse in TX. (Most of us are more familiar with the movie that was made in the 80's with Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds.) Well, I've suspected that he was the greeter in the Randall's(grocery store) that I frequent. I wasn't sure until today when I heard him talk. I didn't have the nerve to ask him directly if he was Marvin Zindler but I'm 99% sure. He had the same glasses and hair. If I work up the nerve I'll get my picture taken with him!
*Oh fiddlesticks! I just learned that Marvin went to his reward a couple of years ago. Seriously, this guy could be his twin! But to quote my lovely informant "The good news? There's no "slime in the ice machines" in heaven." (Babs, that was a good one I had to quote you!) I eventually will learn to google before I type!