Monday, July 27, 2009
God's provision
As the afternoon has worn on I have found my emotions as cloudy as the weather today. The knowledge that I will be heading back to Houston makes me sad. I hate to leave Steven for weeks on end. I miss him and home. My cats and my own bed. Devin and our life here. I found myself praying for strength. Then it occured to me that God has already provided me comfort in HIS WORD. Yesterday, our pastor delivered a sermon entitled "You're Stronger Thank You Think You Are". At the bottom of our sermon notes he listed some other people who lived powerful lives despite their circumstances. So I looked up the first reference about Joseph in Genesis 49:29-50:21. I found myself hanging on a verse at the end. "So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." Gen 50:21 God will provide the strength I will need to get on that plane again tomorrow. He will lessen my sadness over leaving. He will bring something good out of this bad situation. Coincidence that this was the message yesterday? I think not. The world would call me foolish, connecting dots that they would call ironies. Once again God is providing before I even knew I would have a need.