Monday, July 13, 2009

Day +24

Early start today. We were rushing to get there so that we could try and beat some of the Monday morning crowds. I thought I was going to lose it when we get to the parking garage and the token comes flying out and under the car. After trying to get another one with no luck (and much grumbling!), I pulled forward only to retrieve my token and the lady's behind us out from under her car. Not a great start. Kristen said she would be in a bad mood if I didn't stop being in a bad mood. Monday, Monday! By the time we made it to the lab it was already busy. Luckily the wait wasn't too long. I don't know why we were in a hurry, we only succeeded in waiting longer in another waiting room. We waited extra long for Kristen's appointment because of a patient that came in and very sick. It was really sad to see them take her out on a bed, we assume to admit her. We've heard lots of stories of how people were doing great after there transplant and then would suddenly get sick. We are praying that's not Kristen. We also over heard of someone that got to leave Houston early! Wouldn't that be great if it was us? Kristen got to see her outpatient transplant doc, Dr. Popat today. It was great to see him. His team added some meds to Kristen's routine and upped some others. They will try giving us a day off maybe this weekend. I guess that will involve me hooking her up to a portable IV at home! (I guess I finally experience my very short lived childhood desire to be a nurse. Short lived because I really don't particularly like gross stuff like blood, or needles, or ...) Because of the other patients emergency, we were delayed getting started and didn't make it home until early afternoon. Kristen napped and I got in a swim. Off tomorrow for another early start!

Please pray for Kristen's skin around her CVC line to heal. It still looks burnt after they used the wrong adhesive for so long. I thought she was going to levitate off the bed as I changed the bandage last night. Continue to pray that we are able to stay in good spirits. It amazes me how mercurial they can me from one hour to the next. Praise God that Kristen has done so well to date.