Sunday, June 21, 2009

Perfection

As I was reading a devotional book this morning, I was meditating and let my mind wander. I was reading about God’s good gifts. Some of the gifts God has given Kristen are a strong will and strong character. These attributes have often made it difficult for me to mother her. I take these for granted. But then it occurred to me that these are exactly the strengths she needs to walk through this illness, to defeat this disease in her blood. I thank God for his wisdom in bestowing these gifts to her. So the next time she fusses at me that she WILL do her mouth care or her lung exercise or walk, I need to thank God for her strong will and character. We are pursuing the same goal. I need to let her do it herself. On her timeline not mine. She has the gifts from God to see her through. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17