My family thinks it is odd that I will talk to anyone. Just strike up a conversation. I had a great one this morning with Priscilla from Nederland. You meet the most interesting people. Over breakfast in a crowded hotel even. But I digress.
Yesterday was a good day. Most of our appointments were ahead of schedule. Yeah! Our last appointment was on the Transplant floor of MDA. We got to see where Kristen would be staying and find out more about what to expect. Even what we can bring to make her stay more comfortable. I still find it hard to take a perfectly healthy looking young adult and put them in the hospital to pump toxins into them. Greater good, right?
Kristen is on a culinary tour of Houston. If you want any restaurant suggestions call us. We are also adept on how to get a table quickly in a crowded restaurant. Last night we went to Pappasito's. It was packed and the wait was as long as 90 minutes for some. I saw a table at the edge of the bar and snagged it. Ordered what we wanted from the bartender and less than an hour later we were out of there. As Kristen says, "We got skills!" Of course, flirting with the waiters is never a bad idea. We are getting great service! I'd like to think that it was all me, but I know that it is the beautiful 20 year old that I am with! So far it has worked in Pappadeux's, The Cheesecake Factory, and Pappasito's. It helps that our waiters have all been guys!
I'll probably post again later to give you all (or y'all, we are in TX) our mailing address.