So Day -7 is the beginning. Okay, I know why -7, we are counting to transplant day which is Day 0 of the all consuming 100 days. Today Kristen received her CVC line in her chest and had her PICC line removed from her arm. For some reason, her versed (sp?) didn't really 'take' and she didn't fall asleep during this process or become groggy. It was not the most pleasant thing but I do think she preferred it to the eye doctor the other day! She's in a little discomfort where her CVC is but that should go away.
She checked into the hospital around 7 p.m. We thought she would be on G11 but they have her on the Peds floor. I was a little frustrated with the change but as a friend pointed out to me, God has not steered us wrong. So with that thought I wait in anticipation of what may be around the corner. Kristen will receive IV fluids tonight and then chemo will start in the morning.
We have both been a little on edge the past couple of days. I was nauseous just thinking of her experience this morning getting her new CVC line. It was really hard to drive to the hospital this evening. All you moms (Dads too)out there imagine the first day you took your child to kindergarten. The first time they spent the night away from you. The first time they went to camp. The day you drove away and left them at college. Today is millions of times worse. I would do anything to change places with her. To shelter her from this experience. I know that as a family we are here going through this together. But deep down I realize that this is really her battle. I am an outsider imagining and empathizing but I will never experience this as she will.
Thank you for your continued prayers. Please pray that:
- Kristen's side effects from the chemo will be minimal.
- She will be able to get the rest she needs while in the hospital.
- All of us (Devin, Kristen, Steven, and I) would be filled with a peace that surpasses all understanding. Calmly and confidently facing each day and each challenge with the knowledge that we are not alone.
- Kristen's donor be blessed through this selfless gift.
- The Doctor's, Nurses, and staff involved in Kristen's care are diligent and wise.
Praises to God who set out a path for Kristen and for us as Kristen battles this disease. All glory and honor are his.